Updated Apr 5, 2013 - 1:32 pm
Kevin Kolb on Bills offense: It's a 'breath of fresh air'
Kolb expressed his excitement for the upcoming season, pointing to his new team's offensive system as a big factor.
"Without giving away too much," Kolb told Buffalo News, "the unique style of offense that these guys run and what they bring to the picture as far as their knowledge of the game and their creativity and their ability to be open-minded, it really excited me.
"I think a lot of times in this league you have people who are set in their ways and they follow other people's leads all the time. I'm very optimistic about what we're gonna do."
The new Bills' quarterback continued, stating head coach Doug Marrone and offensive coordinator Nate Hackett's offensive philosophy is a "breath of fresh air."
In his two seasons with the Cardinals, Kolb played in 15 of 32 total games, throwing for 3,124 yards and 28 touchdowns. He suffered three major injuries as a Cardinal, starting with a turf-toe and a concussion in 2011 before his rib injury in 2012. He was also sacked 57 times in 493 drop backs in Arizona.
In 2012, former Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick was only sacked 30 times in 535 pass plays.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.