Updated Apr 4, 2013 - 2:55 pm
Arizona Cardinals to hold private workout with Geno Smith
The exact day, time and location of the workout are not yet known, but the fact that the Cardinals are interested is, well, interesting.
Smith is generally regarded to be the top quarterback in this year's draft, though many believe he'd be a reach for the Cardinals at number 7. However, odds are he won't fall out of the first round, so if Arizona wants him that's likely where they'll have to grab him.
But, are the Cardinals actually interested in Smith? Are they interested in any quarterback?
With Carson Palmer, Drew Stanton and Brian Hoyer in the fold, along with Ryan Lindley, it would seem unlikely that the Cardinals are in the market to draft someone like Smith or USC's Matt Barkley, who the team is also planning on working out.
Then again, the team may just be doing its due diligence. Perhaps one of the signal callers wows Bruce Arians and his staff, or maybe the team wants to know more about the players should they fall to the second round. Or, it's possible they are trying to make QB-needy teams picking after them believe they might actually take a quarterback at seven.
Either way the Cardinals, who have already worked out North Carolina State QB Mike Glennon, appear to be interested in learning more about the options at the position.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.