Updated Apr 4, 2013 - 1:47 pm
Cardinals coach: QB group is among the best in the NFL
1. Brian Hoyer
2. Ryan Lindley
3. John Skelton
IR: Kevin Kolb
It was the envy of no one.
However, the offseason has brought a new coaching staff, which has in turn brought in some new passers. As things are now, Arizona's quarterback depth chart is thus:
1. Carson Palmer
2. Drew Stanton
3. Brian Hoyer
4. Ryan Lindley
Looks better, doesn't it? Well, Cardinals coach Bruce Arians doesn't just think it's better; he thinks it's the best in the league.
"Now with Carson, I think our quarterback room with Brian Hoyer, Drew Stanton and Carson Palmer is as good anybody's in the league," he told Fox Sports Radio Thursday.
So, about Lindley...
It may have been a slip of the tongue, or perhaps the second-year pro is not really part of the team's future. In any event, the situation at the position has certainly turned around, and likely for the better.
And, with the seventh overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, Arians is not ready to rule out another signal caller being added to the list. But, he cautioned, as of this moment it doesn't look like a signal caller will be the choice.
"We were going to take the best available player at that position, at number seven, whether it be a tackle, pass rusher, corner or quarterback," he said, be. "Right now I don't see a quarterback in this class coming up that would have been in that spot for us.
"Especially with the elite offensive linemen that are out there this year and defensive linemen."
Of course, things could change between now and the April 25 draft, and with the Cardinals scheduled to work out USC QB Matt Barkley, perhaps Arians is not ready to completely rule out adding to the position.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.