Updated Apr 4, 2013 - 1:47 pm
Cardinals coach: QB group is among the best in the NFL
1. Brian Hoyer
2. Ryan Lindley
3. John Skelton
IR: Kevin Kolb
It was the envy of no one.
However, the offseason has brought a new coaching staff, which has in turn brought in some new passers. As things are now, Arizona's quarterback depth chart is thus:
1. Carson Palmer
2. Drew Stanton
3. Brian Hoyer
4. Ryan Lindley
Looks better, doesn't it? Well, Cardinals coach Bruce Arians doesn't just think it's better; he thinks it's the best in the league.
"Now with Carson, I think our quarterback room with Brian Hoyer, Drew Stanton and Carson Palmer is as good anybody's in the league," he told Fox Sports Radio Thursday.
So, about Lindley...
It may have been a slip of the tongue, or perhaps the second-year pro is not really part of the team's future. In any event, the situation at the position has certainly turned around, and likely for the better.
And, with the seventh overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, Arians is not ready to rule out another signal caller being added to the list. But, he cautioned, as of this moment it doesn't look like a signal caller will be the choice.
"We were going to take the best available player at that position, at number seven, whether it be a tackle, pass rusher, corner or quarterback," he said, be. "Right now I don't see a quarterback in this class coming up that would have been in that spot for us.
"Especially with the elite offensive linemen that are out there this year and defensive linemen."
Of course, things could change between now and the April 25 draft, and with the Cardinals scheduled to work out USC QB Matt Barkley, perhaps Arians is not ready to completely rule out adding to the position.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.