Updated Apr 4, 2013 - 12:40 pm
Cardinals to work out USC QB Matt Barkley
The newest addition will be USC quarterback Matt Barkley who, according to reports, will showcase his skills for Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians and company Saturday.
Paul Calvisi of Arizona Sports 620 has confirmed the visit will take place.
Barkley threw for 3,273 yards and 36 touchdowns as a senior at USC and finished his career with a Pac-12 record 12,327 yards and 116 touchdown passes.
The Cardinals have acquired two quarterbacks this offseason -- trading for another former Trojan in Carson Palmer earlier this week, and signing Indianapolis backup Drew Stanton last month.
Arians appeared on NFL Network Tuesday and outlined what positions he'd like to see the Cardinals address during the draft. Quarterback was not one of them.
Draft pundit Mel Kiper Jr. of ESPN has Barkley rated as the second-best quarterback in this year's class behind West Virginia's Geno Smith.
Barkley participated in USC's pro day last month and his performance was described as "so-so" by those in attendance.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.