Updated Apr 4, 2013 - 12:40 pm
Cardinals to work out USC QB Matt Barkley
The newest addition will be USC quarterback Matt Barkley who, according to reports, will showcase his skills for Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians and company Saturday.
Paul Calvisi of Arizona Sports 620 has confirmed the visit will take place.
Barkley threw for 3,273 yards and 36 touchdowns as a senior at USC and finished his career with a Pac-12 record 12,327 yards and 116 touchdown passes.
The Cardinals have acquired two quarterbacks this offseason -- trading for another former Trojan in Carson Palmer earlier this week, and signing Indianapolis backup Drew Stanton last month.
Arians appeared on NFL Network Tuesday and outlined what positions he'd like to see the Cardinals address during the draft. Quarterback was not one of them.
Draft pundit Mel Kiper Jr. of ESPN has Barkley rated as the second-best quarterback in this year's class behind West Virginia's Geno Smith.
Barkley participated in USC's pro day last month and his performance was described as "so-so" by those in attendance.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?