Updated Apr 3, 2013 - 12:17 pm
Cardinals' Jay Feely gives No. 3 to Palmer
Would he go back to his original No. 9 that he wore in Cincinnati, or would Palmer ask kicker Jay Feely for his No. 3 he sported in college and in Oakland?
Palmer went the latter.
"I'm not big on numbers," Feely told NFL Network's NFL AM crew on Wednesday morning. "He made a donation to my foundation, and we can use that to send kids to college or build homes down in Haiti. There's a lot more meaningful things than a number to me."
"I did it a couple years ago to Kevin Kolb, so I'm just going right back to No. 4," Feely laughed.
While the digit on his back doesn't matter much to Feely, the numbers in the win column do, and he's hoping Palmer can help be the solution to that problem for the Cardinals.
"I think he's going to hopefully bring stability to that position and leadership," Feely said. "You look at the numbers that he's had and the Pro Bowls that he's been to. You look at his numbers last year and I think people don't realize how good his numbers were -- even though they didn't win a lot in Oakland. Hopefully we're just going to compete."
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.