Updated Apr 3, 2013 - 12:17 pm
Cardinals' Jay Feely gives No. 3 to Palmer
Would he go back to his original No. 9 that he wore in Cincinnati, or would Palmer ask kicker Jay Feely for his No. 3 he sported in college and in Oakland?
Palmer went the latter.
"I'm not big on numbers," Feely told NFL Network's NFL AM crew on Wednesday morning. "He made a donation to my foundation, and we can use that to send kids to college or build homes down in Haiti. There's a lot more meaningful things than a number to me."
"I did it a couple years ago to Kevin Kolb, so I'm just going right back to No. 4," Feely laughed.
While the digit on his back doesn't matter much to Feely, the numbers in the win column do, and he's hoping Palmer can help be the solution to that problem for the Cardinals.
"I think he's going to hopefully bring stability to that position and leadership," Feely said. "You look at the numbers that he's had and the Pro Bowls that he's been to. You look at his numbers last year and I think people don't realize how good his numbers were -- even though they didn't win a lot in Oakland. Hopefully we're just going to compete."
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.