Updated Apr 3, 2013 - 12:17 pm
Cardinals' Jay Feely gives No. 3 to Palmer
Would he go back to his original No. 9 that he wore in Cincinnati, or would Palmer ask kicker Jay Feely for his No. 3 he sported in college and in Oakland?
Palmer went the latter.
"I'm not big on numbers," Feely told NFL Network's NFL AM crew on Wednesday morning. "He made a donation to my foundation, and we can use that to send kids to college or build homes down in Haiti. There's a lot more meaningful things than a number to me."
"I did it a couple years ago to Kevin Kolb, so I'm just going right back to No. 4," Feely laughed.
While the digit on his back doesn't matter much to Feely, the numbers in the win column do, and he's hoping Palmer can help be the solution to that problem for the Cardinals.
"I think he's going to hopefully bring stability to that position and leadership," Feely said. "You look at the numbers that he's had and the Pro Bowls that he's been to. You look at his numbers last year and I think people don't realize how good his numbers were -- even though they didn't win a lot in Oakland. Hopefully we're just going to compete."
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up