Updated Apr 3, 2013 - 12:17 pm
Cardinals' Jay Feely gives No. 3 to Palmer
Would he go back to his original No. 9 that he wore in Cincinnati, or would Palmer ask kicker Jay Feely for his No. 3 he sported in college and in Oakland?
Palmer went the latter.
"I'm not big on numbers," Feely told NFL Network's NFL AM crew on Wednesday morning. "He made a donation to my foundation, and we can use that to send kids to college or build homes down in Haiti. There's a lot more meaningful things than a number to me."
"I did it a couple years ago to Kevin Kolb, so I'm just going right back to No. 4," Feely laughed.
While the digit on his back doesn't matter much to Feely, the numbers in the win column do, and he's hoping Palmer can help be the solution to that problem for the Cardinals.
"I think he's going to hopefully bring stability to that position and leadership," Feely said. "You look at the numbers that he's had and the Pro Bowls that he's been to. You look at his numbers last year and I think people don't realize how good his numbers were -- even though they didn't win a lot in Oakland. Hopefully we're just going to compete."
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.