Updated Apr 3, 2013 - 11:58 am
Cardinals' Bruce Arians outlines draft wish list
The Arizona Cardinals, like most teams in the National Football League, have needs. And like most teams, the Cardinals won't draft solely for need. Rather, they'll draft the best players available when they're on the clock.
That doesn't eliminate a coach's wish list, though. Bruce Arians is about to embark on his first draft experience with the Cardinals, and in an interview Tuesday night on NFL Network, he outlined what he'd like to add to his roster in three weeks.
"Obviously, I'd like to get a couple linemen on both sides of the ball. Guys in our division, the one thing that stands out is how good the lines and trenches are in all the teams that we play against," he told Lindsey Soto.
"We need depth, offensively and defensively, on the lines. I'd like to have a young safety and corner, and any receiver that runs 4.2."
It is interesting to note that the Cardinals have seven draft picks and Arians talked about adding seven players at specific positions.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.