Updated Apr 3, 2013 - 11:58 am
Cardinals' Bruce Arians outlines draft wish list
The Arizona Cardinals, like most teams in the National Football League, have needs. And like most teams, the Cardinals won't draft solely for need. Rather, they'll draft the best players available when they're on the clock.
That doesn't eliminate a coach's wish list, though. Bruce Arians is about to embark on his first draft experience with the Cardinals, and in an interview Tuesday night on NFL Network, he outlined what he'd like to add to his roster in three weeks.
"Obviously, I'd like to get a couple linemen on both sides of the ball. Guys in our division, the one thing that stands out is how good the lines and trenches are in all the teams that we play against," he told Lindsey Soto.
"We need depth, offensively and defensively, on the lines. I'd like to have a young safety and corner, and any receiver that runs 4.2."
It is interesting to note that the Cardinals have seven draft picks and Arians talked about adding seven players at specific positions.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.