Updated Apr 3, 2013 - 11:58 am
Cardinals' Bruce Arians outlines draft wish list
The Arizona Cardinals, like most teams in the National Football League, have needs. And like most teams, the Cardinals won't draft solely for need. Rather, they'll draft the best players available when they're on the clock.
That doesn't eliminate a coach's wish list, though. Bruce Arians is about to embark on his first draft experience with the Cardinals, and in an interview Tuesday night on NFL Network, he outlined what he'd like to add to his roster in three weeks.
"Obviously, I'd like to get a couple linemen on both sides of the ball. Guys in our division, the one thing that stands out is how good the lines and trenches are in all the teams that we play against," he told Lindsey Soto.
"We need depth, offensively and defensively, on the lines. I'd like to have a young safety and corner, and any receiver that runs 4.2."
It is interesting to note that the Cardinals have seven draft picks and Arians talked about adding seven players at specific positions.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!