Updated Apr 3, 2013 - 11:58 am
Cardinals' Bruce Arians outlines draft wish list
The Arizona Cardinals, like most teams in the National Football League, have needs. And like most teams, the Cardinals won't draft solely for need. Rather, they'll draft the best players available when they're on the clock.
That doesn't eliminate a coach's wish list, though. Bruce Arians is about to embark on his first draft experience with the Cardinals, and in an interview Tuesday night on NFL Network, he outlined what he'd like to add to his roster in three weeks.
"Obviously, I'd like to get a couple linemen on both sides of the ball. Guys in our division, the one thing that stands out is how good the lines and trenches are in all the teams that we play against," he told Lindsey Soto.
"We need depth, offensively and defensively, on the lines. I'd like to have a young safety and corner, and any receiver that runs 4.2."
It is interesting to note that the Cardinals have seven draft picks and Arians talked about adding seven players at specific positions.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.