Updated Mar 30, 2013 - 6:47 pm
Report: Former Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb signs two-year deal with Bills
Bills and former Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb finalizing a deal tonight that will give Buffalo one more starting-caliber QB.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 30, 2013
The Bills appear to be an ideal fit for Kolb, as they just released their former starting quarterback, Ryan Fitzpatrick, on March 12.
Buffalo reportedly thought enough of Kolb to sign him to a multi-year deal according to NFL reporter Adam Kaplan.
So Kolb gets a 2-year, $13 M max deal with the Bills, per source.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 31, 2013
Kolb, who was acquired by the Cardinals in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles in July 2011, signed a five-year extension worth $62.1 million upon his arrival in the Valley. In two seasons, he rarely lived up to his rather pricey billing.
In 15 appearances, Kolb threw 17 touchdowns and 11 interceptions to go along with 3,124 passing yards. However, injuries plagued his time in Arizona.
After a concussion ended his season prematurely in December 2011, Kolb came back in 2012 and showed real signs of promise. The 28-year-old came in relief of John Skelton in Week 1 and went on to lead Arizona to a 4-1 record. While his stats were impressive in the early going (59.6 completion percentage and eight touchdowns), his body simply couldn't hold up.
In the fourth quarter of the team's Week 6 overtime loss to the Buffalo Bills, Kolb was hit awkwardly while sliding and suffered a season-ending rib/sternum injury.
By cutting Kolb earlier in the month, the Cardinals saved $7.5 million against the 2013 cap.
- A 'confident' Andre Ellington excited about increased role with Arizona Cardinals
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Fighting not tolerated in Cardinals camp
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.