Updated Mar 30, 2013 - 6:47 pm
Report: Former Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb signs two-year deal with Bills
Bills and former Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb finalizing a deal tonight that will give Buffalo one more starting-caliber QB.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 30, 2013
The Bills appear to be an ideal fit for Kolb, as they just released their former starting quarterback, Ryan Fitzpatrick, on March 12.
Buffalo reportedly thought enough of Kolb to sign him to a multi-year deal according to NFL reporter Adam Kaplan.
So Kolb gets a 2-year, $13 M max deal with the Bills, per source.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 31, 2013
Kolb, who was acquired by the Cardinals in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles in July 2011, signed a five-year extension worth $62.1 million upon his arrival in the Valley. In two seasons, he rarely lived up to his rather pricey billing.
In 15 appearances, Kolb threw 17 touchdowns and 11 interceptions to go along with 3,124 passing yards. However, injuries plagued his time in Arizona.
After a concussion ended his season prematurely in December 2011, Kolb came back in 2012 and showed real signs of promise. The 28-year-old came in relief of John Skelton in Week 1 and went on to lead Arizona to a 4-1 record. While his stats were impressive in the early going (59.6 completion percentage and eight touchdowns), his body simply couldn't hold up.
In the fourth quarter of the team's Week 6 overtime loss to the Buffalo Bills, Kolb was hit awkwardly while sliding and suffered a season-ending rib/sternum injury.
By cutting Kolb earlier in the month, the Cardinals saved $7.5 million against the 2013 cap.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!