Updated Mar 19, 2013 - 5:37 pm
Cards' roster revamp not helping in ESPN power rankings
In an effort to construct a roster more to their style of coaching, the team released players such as safety Adrian Wilson, quarterback Kevin Kolb, running back Beanie Wells and wide receiver Early Doucet, to name a few.
To fill in those holes, the team added quarterback Drew Stanton, cornerback Antoine Cason, running back Rashard Mendenhall and linebacker Jasper Brinkley, among others.
However, the changes for the Red Birds didn't impress enough to earn a higher spot in ESPN.com's NFL pre-draft Power Rankings.
The power rankings have Arizona slotted 29th out of the league's 32 teams, only trailed by the Raiders, Jets and Jaguars.
ESPN.com's NFC West blogger Mike Sando said, "Adding Drew Stanton made sense, but won't generate buzz around the Cards."
Two of Arizona's division rivals, Seattle and San Francisco, hold the top spots in the power rankings.
Sando said the top-ranked Seahawks', "High-risk, high-reward move for Percy Harvin got voters' attention."
The 49ers added wide receiver Anquan Boldin in a trade with Baltimore and have plenty of flexibility in the upcoming draft.
"Two-time defending NFC West champs can restock with 14 draft choices," Sando said.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.