Updated Mar 19, 2013 - 9:45 am
Bruce Arians gives Drew Stanton a vote of confidence on NFL Network
With the NFL Owners Meetings going on at The Arizona Biltmore, anybody who's anybody in the league is in the Valley of the Sun.
New Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians sat down with the man he worked for last season, Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano, in an interview with NFL Network.
And Arians answered the most pressing question about his team...what's going on with the quarterback position?
"We've got a very capable one in Drew Stanton we just happened to steal away from Chuck," Arians said. "Drew knows the offense, he's more than capable of doing it.
"If he's our guy, I'm comfortable."
Stanton signed a three-year deal with the Cardinals last week after spending a season in Indianapolis as Andrew Luck's backup. In five NFL seasons, Stanton has thrown for 1,158 yards and five touchdowns in 13 games.
But Arians didn't stop there in his assessment of his team.
"I really like the direction we're heading, we've got a great nucleus -- especially defensively, and I don't think our offensive line is nearly in the dire straits everybody thinks they are."
Of course, only time will tell, but Arians is spreading optimism about the Cardinals new-look roster moving forward.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!