Updated Mar 19, 2013 - 9:45 am
Bruce Arians gives Drew Stanton a vote of confidence on NFL Network
With the NFL Owners Meetings going on at The Arizona Biltmore, anybody who's anybody in the league is in the Valley of the Sun.
New Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians sat down with the man he worked for last season, Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano, in an interview with NFL Network.
And Arians answered the most pressing question about his team...what's going on with the quarterback position?
"We've got a very capable one in Drew Stanton we just happened to steal away from Chuck," Arians said. "Drew knows the offense, he's more than capable of doing it.
"If he's our guy, I'm comfortable."
Stanton signed a three-year deal with the Cardinals last week after spending a season in Indianapolis as Andrew Luck's backup. In five NFL seasons, Stanton has thrown for 1,158 yards and five touchdowns in 13 games.
But Arians didn't stop there in his assessment of his team.
"I really like the direction we're heading, we've got a great nucleus -- especially defensively, and I don't think our offensive line is nearly in the dire straits everybody thinks they are."
Of course, only time will tell, but Arians is spreading optimism about the Cardinals new-look roster moving forward.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.