Updated Mar 19, 2013 - 9:22 am
Report: Joshua Cribbs fails Cardinals physical
According to a report from Will Burge of ESPN Cleveland, the two-time Pro Bowl kick returner failed his physical during a free agent visit with Arizona.
ESPN Cleveland has learned from multiple sources that the delay in Cribbs signing is because he failed his physical with the Cardinals on Monday. It is unclear at this time what may have been the cause of the failed physical and if this will deter Arizona from signing the nine year NFL veteran.
Cribbs' agent, J.R. Rickert, confirmed the report to USA Today. Cribbs had off-season surgery on his knee and isn't fully recovered according to Rickert, who also believes the Cardinals will administer another physical examination on his client in a few weeks.
There were several reports in the last week that Cribbs was on his way to Arizona to sign a free agent deal with the Cardinals.
Cribbs made national news last week when he posted a farewell to the fans of Cleveland on his Instagram account. Cribbs has spent his entire eight-year career with the Browns.
The Kent State product has 11 kick and punt return touchdowns in his career.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.