Updated Mar 17, 2013 - 10:42 am
Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald, former teammate Anquan Boldin make lasting impact in Senegal
Fitzgerald, along with former teammate Anquan Boldin and Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White, traveled to the African country of Senegal as part of a three-day trip through Oxfam America.
"Any time I get to team up with Q again it means a lot to me," Fitzgerald said in an Oxfam press release. "I travel often but it's an opportunity of a lifetime to travel with Oxfam America to meet local people and learn about their lives and their work."
As part of the trip, the wide receiving trio visited with local communities and worked with Oxfam to improve the citizens' access to livelihoods, increased income and food security.
It's the second straight year Boldin and Fitzgerald have embarked on a service trip through Oxfam. In 2012, they traveled to Ethiopia and focused on learning more about the country's on-going food crisis. The trip helped raise thousands of dollars in relief effort.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?