Updated Mar 17, 2013 - 10:42 am
Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald, former teammate Anquan Boldin make lasting impact in Senegal
Fitzgerald, along with former teammate Anquan Boldin and Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White, traveled to the African country of Senegal as part of a three-day trip through Oxfam America.
"Any time I get to team up with Q again it means a lot to me," Fitzgerald said in an Oxfam press release. "I travel often but it's an opportunity of a lifetime to travel with Oxfam America to meet local people and learn about their lives and their work."
As part of the trip, the wide receiving trio visited with local communities and worked with Oxfam to improve the citizens' access to livelihoods, increased income and food security.
It's the second straight year Boldin and Fitzgerald have embarked on a service trip through Oxfam. In 2012, they traveled to Ethiopia and focused on learning more about the country's on-going food crisis. The trip helped raise thousands of dollars in relief effort.
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.