Updated Mar 17, 2013 - 10:42 am
Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald, former teammate Anquan Boldin make lasting impact in Senegal
Fitzgerald, along with former teammate Anquan Boldin and Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White, traveled to the African country of Senegal as part of a three-day trip through Oxfam America.
"Any time I get to team up with Q again it means a lot to me," Fitzgerald said in an Oxfam press release. "I travel often but it's an opportunity of a lifetime to travel with Oxfam America to meet local people and learn about their lives and their work."
As part of the trip, the wide receiving trio visited with local communities and worked with Oxfam to improve the citizens' access to livelihoods, increased income and food security.
It's the second straight year Boldin and Fitzgerald have embarked on a service trip through Oxfam. In 2012, they traveled to Ethiopia and focused on learning more about the country's on-going food crisis. The trip helped raise thousands of dollars in relief effort.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.