Updated Mar 17, 2013 - 10:42 am
Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald, former teammate Anquan Boldin make lasting impact in Senegal
Fitzgerald, along with former teammate Anquan Boldin and Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White, traveled to the African country of Senegal as part of a three-day trip through Oxfam America.
"Any time I get to team up with Q again it means a lot to me," Fitzgerald said in an Oxfam press release. "I travel often but it's an opportunity of a lifetime to travel with Oxfam America to meet local people and learn about their lives and their work."
As part of the trip, the wide receiving trio visited with local communities and worked with Oxfam to improve the citizens' access to livelihoods, increased income and food security.
It's the second straight year Boldin and Fitzgerald have embarked on a service trip through Oxfam. In 2012, they traveled to Ethiopia and focused on learning more about the country's on-going food crisis. The trip helped raise thousands of dollars in relief effort.
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Arizona Cardinals' Alex Okafor's transition to linebacker is complete
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi