Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 2:07 pm
Cardinals sign DE Matt Shaughnessy
The news was first broken by one of the player's new teammates.
Happy to see we signed my longtime friend and college teammate Matt shaugnessy. Cards making moves #birdgang— O'Brien (@Ob_Scho) March 15, 2013
The deal is for one year.
Shaughnessy, 26, is a four-year pro out of Wisconsin whom the Raiders selected in the third round of the 2009 draft.
Last season, Shaughnessy started all 16 games for the Raiders, compiling 31 total tackles and 3.5 sacks. In his career, the 6-foot-5, 285 pound defensive end has 123 total tackles and 15.5 sacks.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.