Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 8:38 am
Report: Kolb rejects Cardinals contract restructuring offer
NFL insider Adam Caplan tweeted the news Friday morning:
QB Kevin Kolb rejected the Cardinals contract restructuring and will be released by 4:00 PM ET, source confirmed.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 15, 2013
However, the team has left the door for him to return, which is very interesting. It was assumed that they didn't want him back.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 15, 2013
Kolb and the team discussed various options for him to return, but both sides could not come to an agreement.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 15, 2013
Kolb is due a $2 million bonus if he's on the roster Friday afternoon and would count $13.5 million against the team's 2013 salary cap if his deal wasn't reworked.
The Cardinals also signed free agent quarterback Drew Stanton to a three-year deal earlier this week.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.