Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 8:38 am
Report: Kolb rejects Cardinals contract restructuring offer
NFL insider Adam Caplan tweeted the news Friday morning:
QB Kevin Kolb rejected the Cardinals contract restructuring and will be released by 4:00 PM ET, source confirmed.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 15, 2013
However, the team has left the door for him to return, which is very interesting. It was assumed that they didn't want him back.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 15, 2013
Kolb and the team discussed various options for him to return, but both sides could not come to an agreement.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 15, 2013
Kolb is due a $2 million bonus if he's on the roster Friday afternoon and would count $13.5 million against the team's 2013 salary cap if his deal wasn't reworked.
The Cardinals also signed free agent quarterback Drew Stanton to a three-year deal earlier this week.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.