Report: Kolb rejects Cardinals contract restructuring offer
NFL insider Adam Caplan tweeted the news Friday morning:
QB Kevin Kolb rejected the Cardinals contract restructuring and will be released by 4:00 PM ET, source confirmed.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 15, 2013
However, the team has left the door for him to return, which is very interesting. It was assumed that they didn't want him back.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 15, 2013
Kolb and the team discussed various options for him to return, but both sides could not come to an agreement.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 15, 2013
Kolb is due a $2 million bonus if he's on the roster Friday afternoon and would count $13.5 million against the team's 2013 salary cap if his deal wasn't reworked.
The Cardinals also signed free agent quarterback Drew Stanton to a three-year deal earlier this week.
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br