Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 8:38 am
Report: Kolb rejects Cardinals contract restructuring offer
NFL insider Adam Caplan tweeted the news Friday morning:
QB Kevin Kolb rejected the Cardinals contract restructuring and will be released by 4:00 PM ET, source confirmed.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 15, 2013
However, the team has left the door for him to return, which is very interesting. It was assumed that they didn't want him back.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 15, 2013
Kolb and the team discussed various options for him to return, but both sides could not come to an agreement.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 15, 2013
Kolb is due a $2 million bonus if he's on the roster Friday afternoon and would count $13.5 million against the team's 2013 salary cap if his deal wasn't reworked.
The Cardinals also signed free agent quarterback Drew Stanton to a three-year deal earlier this week.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.