Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 8:38 am
Report: Kolb rejects Cardinals contract restructuring offer
NFL insider Adam Caplan tweeted the news Friday morning:
QB Kevin Kolb rejected the Cardinals contract restructuring and will be released by 4:00 PM ET, source confirmed.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 15, 2013
However, the team has left the door for him to return, which is very interesting. It was assumed that they didn't want him back.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 15, 2013
Kolb and the team discussed various options for him to return, but both sides could not come to an agreement.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 15, 2013
Kolb is due a $2 million bonus if he's on the roster Friday afternoon and would count $13.5 million against the team's 2013 salary cap if his deal wasn't reworked.
The Cardinals also signed free agent quarterback Drew Stanton to a three-year deal earlier this week.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- The Pulse: Most fans not very concerned with the Arizona Cardinals' preseason loss to the Cincinnati Bengals
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.