Updated Mar 14, 2013 - 5:57 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign LB Jasper Brinkley
Brinkley, 27, had played his entire three-year career for the Minnesota Vikings.
A first-time starter in 2012, Brinkley tallied a career-high 117 tackles to go along with two sacks. A middle linebacker, he would slide in next to Daryl Washington if he is a starter.
The 6-foot-1, 252 pound player was a fifth-round pick of the Vikings in 2009 out of South Carolina. He has played in 48 career games -- with 19 starts -- and has racked up 155 tackles, three sacks, three forced fumbles and four passes defensed.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.