Updated Mar 14, 2013 - 7:30 am
Report: Cardinals have interest in Brian Urlacher
Well, 13 years later those fans might have an opportunity to see Urlacher in Cardinal red.
According to the Chicago Tribune, the Cardinals are one of a few teams interested in signing the free agent eight-time Pro Bowl linebacker.
Urlacher has played his entire career with the Chicago Bears, but indications are that he's asking for more than what the team is willing to pay to keep him in the Windy City.
The Bears still haven't responded to the two-year contract proposal Urlacher's representatives gave the team last week. Instead, they let him hit the free agent market, presumably to let him gauge his value after 13 seasons with the Bears.
The Minnesota Vikings and Dallas Cowboys are also said to have interest in Urlacher, who started 12 games last season, racking up 68 total tackles and an interception which he returned for a touchdown.
The Cardinals are scheduled Thursday to visit with Minnesota linebacker Jasper Brinkley.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.