Report: Cardinals have interest in Brian Urlacher
Well, 13 years later those fans might have an opportunity to see Urlacher in Cardinal red.
According to the Chicago Tribune, the Cardinals are one of a few teams interested in signing the free agent eight-time Pro Bowl linebacker.
Urlacher has played his entire career with the Chicago Bears, but indications are that he's asking for more than what the team is willing to pay to keep him in the Windy City.
The Bears still haven't responded to the two-year contract proposal Urlacher's representatives gave the team last week. Instead, they let him hit the free agent market, presumably to let him gauge his value after 13 seasons with the Bears.
The Minnesota Vikings and Dallas Cowboys are also said to have interest in Urlacher, who started 12 games last season, racking up 68 total tackles and an interception which he returned for a touchdown.
The Cardinals are scheduled Thursday to visit with Minnesota linebacker Jasper Brinkley.
Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br