Updated Mar 14, 2013 - 7:30 am
Report: Cardinals have interest in Brian Urlacher
Well, 13 years later those fans might have an opportunity to see Urlacher in Cardinal red.
According to the Chicago Tribune, the Cardinals are one of a few teams interested in signing the free agent eight-time Pro Bowl linebacker.
Urlacher has played his entire career with the Chicago Bears, but indications are that he's asking for more than what the team is willing to pay to keep him in the Windy City.
The Bears still haven't responded to the two-year contract proposal Urlacher's representatives gave the team last week. Instead, they let him hit the free agent market, presumably to let him gauge his value after 13 seasons with the Bears.
The Minnesota Vikings and Dallas Cowboys are also said to have interest in Urlacher, who started 12 games last season, racking up 68 total tackles and an interception which he returned for a touchdown.
The Cardinals are scheduled Thursday to visit with Minnesota linebacker Jasper Brinkley.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.