Updated Mar 13, 2013 - 3:24 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign safety Yeremiah Bell
The news was first reported by AZCardinals.com's Darren Urban.
Bell, 35, is a nine-year veteran who played last season with the New York Jets. He finished third on the team with 103 tackles (83 solo) to go along with three fumble recoveries, one sack and four passes defensed.
"Yeremiah is the kind of guy you love to have on your football team," said Cardinals coach Bruce Arians in a press release. "He's a guy with experience as a starter who has been very productive. He's also been incredibly durable, starting every game but one over the last five years. Team-wise he's exactly the type of player you want in your locker room -- a football junkie who loves the game."
In his career, Bell has combined to make 651 tackles and has picked off six passes to go along with 12 sacks. He made the Pro Bowl in 2009 when he was playing for new Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles in Miami.
Earlier Wednesday the Cardinals released safety Kerry Rhodes.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!