Browns sign LB Quentin Groves to 2-year deal
CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Browns continued upgrading their defense in free agency, signing former Arizona linebacker Quentin Groves to a two-year, $2.8 million contract.
Groves is the third defensive player signed already by the Browns, who agreed to terms with linebacker Paul Kruger and lineman Desmond Bryant on Tuesday. The Browns entered free agency $47.4 million under the salary cap and have so far been among the NFL's most aggressive teams.
The 30-year-old Groves will be reunited in Cleveland with defensive coordinator Ray Horton, who came over from the Cardinals. Groves played with Jacksonville and Oakland before signing with Arizona last season. He had a career-high four sacks and made seven starts.
The Browns made upgrading their pass rush a priority. They are switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 multi-front defensive scheme this season.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!