Updated Mar 12, 2013 - 3:57 pm
Report: Cardinals close to signing Josh Cribbs and Lorenzo Alexander
According to FoxSports.com's Alex Marvez, the team is close to signing former Cleveland Brown receiver/return specialist Josh Cribbs as well as former Washington Redskins linebacker Lorenzo Alexander.
Cribbs has spent all eight of his NFL seasons in Cleveland primarily as a special-teams standout and jack-of-all-trades offensive player. Cribbs was named to the NFL's All-Decade team in the 2000s as a kickoff returner and is the all-time leader in Browns history in that role. Cribbs also is tied for the NFL all-time record in kickoff returns for touchdowns with eight.
Cribbs would be signed as both a wide receiver and returner by Arizona, the source said. Cribbs posted a career-high 41 receptions in 2011 but wasn't a significant part of the team's passing offense in 2012. He finished with only 13 touches (seven catches; six rushes), marking his lowest production since Cribbs' rookie campaign in 2005.
Alexander, 29, played in 16 games in each of the last four seasons for the Redskins. Known for his prowess on special teams (he had an NFL-leading 19 special teams tackles last season), he was credited for 46 combined tackles last year to go along with 2.5 sacks.
The report says Alexander is also receiving interest from the Pittsburgh Steelers and San Francisco 49ers.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials