Updated Mar 12, 2013 - 5:09 pm
Report: Cardinals lose CB Greg Toler to Colts
According to Fox Sports/Scout.com reporter Aaron Wilson, Greg Toler is one such player.
Colts agree to terms with former Cardinals cornerback Greg Toler, team announces— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) March 12, 2013
CBS Sports' Pete Prisco is reporting the contract is for $15 million over three years.
A fourth round pick out of Saint Paul's by the Cardinals in 2009, Toler proved to be a solid player for the team.
After totaling just 11 tackles and two passes defensed as a rookie, Toler burst onto the scene in 2010 with 90 tackles, one sack, two interceptions and nine passes defensed. A torn ACL robbed him of the 2011 season, though, and while Toler played in 11 games in 2012, he wasn't the same player.
Toler's defection leaves the Cardinals needing to add another cornerback or two, and it's been reported they are bringing in Colts defensive back Jerraud Powers in for a visit.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.