Updated Mar 12, 2013 - 4:32 pm
Report: RB Rashard Mendenhall to visit Cardinals
Mendenhall, 25, was drafted 23rd overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2008 and has had an up-and-down career since then.
Dealing with injuries as well as issues off the field, Mendenahall has shown promise but has yet to put it all together and become a lead back.
In 2009 Mendenhall rushed for 1,108 yards and seven touchdowns, and he followed up that campaign with a 1,273 yard, 13 score performance in 2010.
But he tore his ACL in 2011 and struggled to return in 2012, with his frustrating season culminating with being suspended for a game against the Dallas Cowboys after he refused to show up to the previous week's game, in which he was deactivated.
In all Mendenhall carried the ball just 51 times for 182 yards in 2012, while catching nine passes for 62 yards and a touchdown.
But his best seasons came with Bruce Arians as offensive coordinator, and it would seem the new Cardinals coach is interested in reuniting with his former player in the desert.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.