Updated Mar 12, 2013 - 4:32 pm
Report: RB Rashard Mendenhall to visit Cardinals
Mendenhall, 25, was drafted 23rd overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2008 and has had an up-and-down career since then.
Dealing with injuries as well as issues off the field, Mendenahall has shown promise but has yet to put it all together and become a lead back.
In 2009 Mendenhall rushed for 1,108 yards and seven touchdowns, and he followed up that campaign with a 1,273 yard, 13 score performance in 2010.
But he tore his ACL in 2011 and struggled to return in 2012, with his frustrating season culminating with being suspended for a game against the Dallas Cowboys after he refused to show up to the previous week's game, in which he was deactivated.
In all Mendenhall carried the ball just 51 times for 182 yards in 2012, while catching nine passes for 62 yards and a touchdown.
But his best seasons came with Bruce Arians as offensive coordinator, and it would seem the new Cardinals coach is interested in reuniting with his former player in the desert.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.