Updated Mar 12, 2013 - 11:22 am
Report: Cardinals 'strong favorites' to sign LB Larry Foote
Steelers reached agreement on a multi-year deal with veteran LB Larry Foote.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 12, 2013
A few years ago the Arizona Cardinals were interested in signing linebacker Larry Foote.
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt felt the linebacker would make a good addition to the team, as the 29-year-old was coming off a season in which he collected 70 tackles and two sacks.
Foote instead chose to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers (his team prior to the Lions), and the Cardinals signed former St. Louis Ram Paris Lenon.
Foot went on to play 47 games, collect 180 tackles and 6.5 sacks -- including totals of 113 tackles and four sacks in 2012. And now the Cardinals, with Lenon gone via free agency, are apparently making another run at Foote.
In LB news - the Cardinals are strong favorites to sign Larry Foote from Pittsburgh, while Dan Connor likely to visit Steelers this week— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 12, 2013
Now 32, Foote would be a relatively young replacement for Lenon, who is 35. New Cardinals coach Bruce Arians is familiar with the linebacker from their time with the Steelers, and the player is coming off his most productive season to date.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?