Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 6:47 pm
Report: Arizona Cardinals sign safety Rashad Johnson to three-year deal
According to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, the deal is for three years.
The newly-signed safety took to his Twitter account to confirm the report.
Johnson, who was selected by the Cardinals in the third round of the 2009 draft out of Alabama, has played in at least 15 games each of the last three seasons.
In 2011, Johnson set career-highs in starts (9) and tackles (50). This past season, he had only 20 tackles but recorded an interception return for a touchdown in Arizona's Week 15 win over the Detroit Lions.
The move comes three days after the team released 12-year veteran safety Adrian Wilson.
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Arizona Cardinals center Lyle Sendlein to miss 3 weeks after suffering calf injury
- John Brown is like…
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.