Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 3:24 pm
Report: Wells gone, Cardinals turn attention to Reggie Bush
Speculation began over the weekend that the team could be interested in Reggie Bush, and the decision to part with Wells would only seem to strengthen that idea.
With the Arizona Cardinals releasing Beanie Wells, the Cards will make a run on Reggie Bush, but they could lose him to Detroit— John Clayton (@ClaytonESPN) March 11, 2013
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday, Clayton reiterated that while the Cardinals may want Bush, they will not be alone in the chase.
"The problem's going to be Detroit," he said. "I think what you can see is that Reggie is going to definitely leave Miami and he wants to get with a high-powered offense.
"And even though there's nothing against the Arizona Cardinals' offense, there's more for him to look at in Detroit than there may be in Arizona."
Clayton said money will be a factor, but thinks Bush may be leaning towards Detroit.
"But definitely get a look by the Arizona Caridnals," he added.
Bush was originally drafted second overall by the New Orleans Saints in 2006, and while he was an effective player, was little more than a receiving threat/change of pace running back.
However, he signed with the Miami Dolphins prior to the 2011 season, and went on to rush for 2,072 yards and 12 touchdowns over the course of two seasons as well as catch 78 passes for 588 yards and three scores.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!