Report: Wells gone, Cardinals turn attention to Reggie Bush
Speculation began over the weekend that the team could be interested in Reggie Bush, and the decision to part with Wells would only seem to strengthen that idea.
With the Arizona Cardinals releasing Beanie Wells, the Cards will make a run on Reggie Bush, but they could lose him to Detroit— John Clayton (@ClaytonESPN) March 11, 2013
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday, Clayton reiterated that while the Cardinals may want Bush, they will not be alone in the chase.
"The problem's going to be Detroit," he said. "I think what you can see is that Reggie is going to definitely leave Miami and he wants to get with a high-powered offense.
"And even though there's nothing against the Arizona Cardinals' offense, there's more for him to look at in Detroit than there may be in Arizona."
Clayton said money will be a factor, but thinks Bush may be leaning towards Detroit.
"But definitely get a look by the Arizona Caridnals," he added.
Bush was originally drafted second overall by the New Orleans Saints in 2006, and while he was an effective player, was little more than a receiving threat/change of pace running back.
However, he signed with the Miami Dolphins prior to the 2011 season, and went on to rush for 2,072 yards and 12 touchdowns over the course of two seasons as well as catch 78 passes for 588 yards and three scores.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ESPN's Clayton: Cardinals were a free agency winner
- Football player Daryl Washington pleads not guilty
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads 'not guilty'
- CBSSports.com writer: Cardinals' Cooper to have 'big impact' during rookie season
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals QB Carson Palmer a 'stopgap'
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.