Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 3:24 pm
Report: Wells gone, Cardinals turn attention to Reggie Bush
Speculation began over the weekend that the team could be interested in Reggie Bush, and the decision to part with Wells would only seem to strengthen that idea.
With the Arizona Cardinals releasing Beanie Wells, the Cards will make a run on Reggie Bush, but they could lose him to Detroit— John Clayton (@ClaytonESPN) March 11, 2013
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday, Clayton reiterated that while the Cardinals may want Bush, they will not be alone in the chase.
"The problem's going to be Detroit," he said. "I think what you can see is that Reggie is going to definitely leave Miami and he wants to get with a high-powered offense.
"And even though there's nothing against the Arizona Cardinals' offense, there's more for him to look at in Detroit than there may be in Arizona."
Clayton said money will be a factor, but thinks Bush may be leaning towards Detroit.
"But definitely get a look by the Arizona Caridnals," he added.
Bush was originally drafted second overall by the New Orleans Saints in 2006, and while he was an effective player, was little more than a receiving threat/change of pace running back.
However, he signed with the Miami Dolphins prior to the 2011 season, and went on to rush for 2,072 yards and 12 touchdowns over the course of two seasons as well as catch 78 passes for 588 yards and three scores.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.