Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 3:24 pm
Report: Wells gone, Cardinals turn attention to Reggie Bush
Speculation began over the weekend that the team could be interested in Reggie Bush, and the decision to part with Wells would only seem to strengthen that idea.
With the Arizona Cardinals releasing Beanie Wells, the Cards will make a run on Reggie Bush, but they could lose him to Detroit— John Clayton (@ClaytonESPN) March 11, 2013
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday, Clayton reiterated that while the Cardinals may want Bush, they will not be alone in the chase.
"The problem's going to be Detroit," he said. "I think what you can see is that Reggie is going to definitely leave Miami and he wants to get with a high-powered offense.
"And even though there's nothing against the Arizona Cardinals' offense, there's more for him to look at in Detroit than there may be in Arizona."
Clayton said money will be a factor, but thinks Bush may be leaning towards Detroit.
"But definitely get a look by the Arizona Caridnals," he added.
Bush was originally drafted second overall by the New Orleans Saints in 2006, and while he was an effective player, was little more than a receiving threat/change of pace running back.
However, he signed with the Miami Dolphins prior to the 2011 season, and went on to rush for 2,072 yards and 12 touchdowns over the course of two seasons as well as catch 78 passes for 588 yards and three scores.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.