Updated Mar 9, 2013 - 5:55 pm
Arizona Cardinals release Early Doucet, tender offer to Brian Hoyer, extend offers to three others
The Arizona Cardinals announced they have released wide receiver Early Doucet, tendered an offer to free agent quarterback Brian Hoyer and extended offers to three exclusive rights free agents, running backs William Powell, Alfonso Smith and defensive end Ronald Talley.
Doucet had 28 receptions for 207 yards in 12 games last season for the Cardinals. In five seasons with the team ranging from 2008-12, the wideout had 139 receptions for 1,491 yards and seven touchdowns in 54 regular season games.
The Cardinals tendered a one-year qualifying contract offer to Hoyer. But as a restricted free agent, Hoyer can talk with other teams until April 19. Arizona has the right to match any offer or receive a second-round draft pick in return.
- Carson Palmer needs a left tackle for Christmas, ESPN's Jaworski says
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.