Updated Mar 9, 2013 - 5:55 pm
Arizona Cardinals release Early Doucet, tender offer to Brian Hoyer, extend offers to three others
The Arizona Cardinals announced they have released wide receiver Early Doucet, tendered an offer to free agent quarterback Brian Hoyer and extended offers to three exclusive rights free agents, running backs William Powell, Alfonso Smith and defensive end Ronald Talley.
Doucet had 28 receptions for 207 yards in 12 games last season for the Cardinals. In five seasons with the team ranging from 2008-12, the wideout had 139 receptions for 1,491 yards and seven touchdowns in 54 regular season games.
The Cardinals tendered a one-year qualifying contract offer to Hoyer. But as a restricted free agent, Hoyer can talk with other teams until April 19. Arizona has the right to match any offer or receive a second-round draft pick in return.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.