Updated Mar 9, 2013 - 12:54 pm
ProFootballTalk.com: Reggie Bush could be an option for the Arizona Cardinals
Friday night, Florio suggested the team may be interested in the services of quarterback Carson Palmer should he be released by the Oakland Raiders.
And it seems Florio believes another former USC standout could also be a fit in Bruce Arians' offense come 2013: Reggie Bush.
Here's Florio on Bush's possible destinations:
To no surprise, Reggie Bush won't be back with the Dolphins. So where will he go?
Teams to watch include the Lions and the Cardinals. Detroit previously has been linked to Bush, a move that would be no surprise in light of the fact that Jahvid Best likely will never play football again. The Cardinals simply need the talent, and Bush has it.
The fact that the Cardinals have needs makes them even more attractive for Bush, because he wants to be the top dog on the depth chart.
Bush, who selected No. 2 overall in the 2006 NFL Draft, has played seven seasons with the New Orleans Saints and Miami Dolphins. He enters free agency with championship pedigree having won a Super Bowl with the Saints in 2009-10.
However, it wasn't until Bush went to Miami after the 2010 season that he became more of a feature back.
In 2011, Bush ran for a career-high 1,086 yards to go along with six rushing touchdowns. He put up similar numbers last season for the Dolphins, running for 986 yards and six touchdowns.
Whatever team lands Bush will be getting a dual-threat in the backfield. The former All-Pro running back has at least 34 catches in each of his seven seasons and recorded a career-high 88 during his rookie year in New Orleans.
Whether the rumor is valid remains to be seen, but Arians and Co. sure could use some extra fire power in the run game.
Due to substantial injuries to both Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams, the Cardinals rushing attack was severely hampered in 2012. Arizona finished last in the league in yards per attempt (3.4) and yards per game (75.3).
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 Free Agent Headquarters
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!