Updated Mar 9, 2013 - 11:13 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals to release wide receiver Early Doucet
According to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, releasing Doucet, 27, will help the team save $1.7 million as it heads into free agency.
In five years with the Cardinals, the former LSU standout had 139 catches for 1,491 yards and seven touchdowns.
While Doucet had a breakout year in 2011 (54 catches and five touchdowns), his production level dropped this past season due to the emergence of Floyd and Roberts.
Doucet was selected by the Cardinals in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?