Updated Mar 9, 2013 - 11:13 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals to release wide receiver Early Doucet
According to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, releasing Doucet, 27, will help the team save $1.7 million as it heads into free agency.
In five years with the Cardinals, the former LSU standout had 139 catches for 1,491 yards and seven touchdowns.
While Doucet had a breakout year in 2011 (54 catches and five touchdowns), his production level dropped this past season due to the emergence of Floyd and Roberts.
Doucet was selected by the Cardinals in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft.
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.