Updated Mar 9, 2013 - 11:13 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals to release wide receiver Early Doucet
According to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, releasing Doucet, 27, will help the team save $1.7 million as it heads into free agency.
In five years with the Cardinals, the former LSU standout had 139 catches for 1,491 yards and seven touchdowns.
While Doucet had a breakout year in 2011 (54 catches and five touchdowns), his production level dropped this past season due to the emergence of Floyd and Roberts.
Doucet was selected by the Cardinals in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft.
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.