Report: Arizona Cardinals to release wide receiver Early Doucet
According to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, releasing Doucet, 27, will help the team save $1.7 million as it heads into free agency.
In five years with the Cardinals, the former LSU standout had 139 catches for 1,491 yards and seven touchdowns.
While Doucet had a breakout year in 2011 (54 catches and five touchdowns), his production level dropped this past season due to the emergence of Floyd and Roberts.
Doucet was selected by the Cardinals in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.