Report: Arizona Cardinals to go after quarterback, waiting for Carson Palmer?
It's no secret the Arizona Cardinals have a glaring need at the quarterback position and will likely evaluate all avenues in their search for a signal caller this offseason.
According to profootballtalk.com, the Cardinals are expected to target a quarterback in the early stages of free agency.
While it is still unknown who they will go after, the options appear limited at the position.
But, according to the report, the Cardinals could be waiting for Carson Palmer to become available.
Palmer is due $13 million next year and it is believed the Raiders will release him if he doesn't take a pay cut.
Oakland could also opt to restructure Palmer's deal and then trade him to net a draft pick in return, instead of releasing him and getting no compensation.
Palmer threw for 4,018 yards and 22 touchdowns with 14 interceptions last season.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 Free Agent Headquarters
- Arizona Cardinals sign free agent tight end John Carlson
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!