Report: Arizona Cardinals to go after quarterback, waiting for Carson Palmer?
It's no secret the Arizona Cardinals have a glaring need at the quarterback position and will likely evaluate all avenues in their search for a signal caller this offseason.
According to profootballtalk.com, the Cardinals are expected to target a quarterback in the early stages of free agency.
While it is still unknown who they will go after, the options appear limited at the position.
But, according to the report, the Cardinals could be waiting for Carson Palmer to become available.
Palmer is due $13 million next year and it is believed the Raiders will release him if he doesn't take a pay cut.
Oakland could also opt to restructure Palmer's deal and then trade him to net a draft pick in return, instead of releasing him and getting no compensation.
Palmer threw for 4,018 yards and 22 touchdowns with 14 interceptions last season.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals preseason: By The Numbers
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.