Report: Arizona Cardinals to go after quarterback, waiting for Carson Palmer?
It's no secret the Arizona Cardinals have a glaring need at the quarterback position and will likely evaluate all avenues in their search for a signal caller this offseason.
According to profootballtalk.com, the Cardinals are expected to target a quarterback in the early stages of free agency.
While it is still unknown who they will go after, the options appear limited at the position.
But, according to the report, the Cardinals could be waiting for Carson Palmer to become available.
Palmer is due $13 million next year and it is believed the Raiders will release him if he doesn't take a pay cut.
Oakland could also opt to restructure Palmer's deal and then trade him to net a draft pick in return, instead of releasing him and getting no compensation.
Palmer threw for 4,018 yards and 22 touchdowns with 14 interceptions last season.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.