Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 3:42 pm
Report: Cardinals consider using 2nd round RFA tender on Brian Hoyer
According to NFL writer Adam Caplan, they're thinking of using a 2nd round restricted free agent tender on him.
Should the Cardinals go that route, they will be agreeing to pay Hoyer about $700K more than he otherwise would have received from the team as a free agent, according to AZCardinals.com's Darren Urban. Any team that tries to sign the QB away from Arizona forfeits a second-round draft pick to do so.
Hoyer, 27, joined the Cardinals late last season and appeared in two games with the team, including a Week 17 start in San Francisco. In all, Hoyer completed 30-of-53 passes for 330 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.