Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 3:42 pm
Report: Cardinals consider using 2nd round RFA tender on Brian Hoyer
According to NFL writer Adam Caplan, they're thinking of using a 2nd round restricted free agent tender on him.
Should the Cardinals go that route, they will be agreeing to pay Hoyer about $700K more than he otherwise would have received from the team as a free agent, according to AZCardinals.com's Darren Urban. Any team that tries to sign the QB away from Arizona forfeits a second-round draft pick to do so.
Hoyer, 27, joined the Cardinals late last season and appeared in two games with the team, including a Week 17 start in San Francisco. In all, Hoyer completed 30-of-53 passes for 330 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.