Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 3:42 pm
Report: Cardinals consider using 2nd round RFA tender on Brian Hoyer
According to NFL writer Adam Caplan, they're thinking of using a 2nd round restricted free agent tender on him.
Should the Cardinals go that route, they will be agreeing to pay Hoyer about $700K more than he otherwise would have received from the team as a free agent, according to AZCardinals.com's Darren Urban. Any team that tries to sign the QB away from Arizona forfeits a second-round draft pick to do so.
Hoyer, 27, joined the Cardinals late last season and appeared in two games with the team, including a Week 17 start in San Francisco. In all, Hoyer completed 30-of-53 passes for 330 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions.
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.