Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 3:42 pm
Report: Cardinals consider using 2nd round RFA tender on Brian Hoyer
According to NFL writer Adam Caplan, they're thinking of using a 2nd round restricted free agent tender on him.
Should the Cardinals go that route, they will be agreeing to pay Hoyer about $700K more than he otherwise would have received from the team as a free agent, according to AZCardinals.com's Darren Urban. Any team that tries to sign the QB away from Arizona forfeits a second-round draft pick to do so.
Hoyer, 27, joined the Cardinals late last season and appeared in two games with the team, including a Week 17 start in San Francisco. In all, Hoyer completed 30-of-53 passes for 330 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.