Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 4:34 pm
Report: Cardinals saw impressive performance from Arizona QB Matt Scott
According to Tony Pauline, who is a draft analyst and publisher of Draftinsider.net, the team was in Tucson Thursday for the University of Arizona's pro day and saw an excellent performance from QB Matt Scott.
Matt Scott/QB/Arizona blowing up his pro-day and looking great.Scouts at Arizona pro-day now saying 3rd round a possibility...— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) March 7, 2013
According to CBSSports.com, Scott attempted 85 passes in front of 25 scouts Thursday, and lost the services of number one receiver Dan Buckner, who tweaked his hamstring and did not catch.
Scott started just one full season for the Wildcats -- his senior season -- throwing for 3,620 yards and 27 touchdowns.
The passer has adequate size for the position and above-average speed, and has been on NFL radars since his strong combine last month.
Whether or not he's a fit for Bruce Arians' offense, though, remains to be seen, as the coach has previously said he's not interested in a dual-threat quarterback.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.