Report: Cardinals saw impressive performance from Arizona QB Matt Scott
According to Tony Pauline, who is a draft analyst and publisher of Draftinsider.net, the team was in Tucson Thursday for the University of Arizona's pro day and saw an excellent performance from QB Matt Scott.
Matt Scott/QB/Arizona blowing up his pro-day and looking great.Scouts at Arizona pro-day now saying 3rd round a possibility...— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) March 7, 2013
According to CBSSports.com, Scott attempted 85 passes in front of 25 scouts Thursday, and lost the services of number one receiver Dan Buckner, who tweaked his hamstring and did not catch.
Scott started just one full season for the Wildcats -- his senior season -- throwing for 3,620 yards and 27 touchdowns.
The passer has adequate size for the position and above-average speed, and has been on NFL radars since his strong combine last month.
Whether or not he's a fit for Bruce Arians' offense, though, remains to be seen, as the coach has previously said he's not interested in a dual-threat quarterback.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.