Updated Mar 1, 2013 - 8:18 am
Arizona Cardinals lineman Adam Snyder sticks up for Kevin Kolb
That chatter is present even now as the Cardinals begin preparation for their fourth season A.K. (After Kurt).
Some are questioning whether Arizona should pick a QB like West Virginia's Geno Smith or USC's Matt Barkley with their first round pick. Others are speculating whether the Cards should pursue trades for veterans like Kansas City's Matt Cassel or New England's Ryan Mallett.
It seems nobody is considering any of the Cardinals' in-house options as a viable solution for 2013 and beyond. Even Kevin Kolb, who led the Cardinals to a 4-0 start before suffering a serious rib injury in Week 6 against Buffalo, is being discounted by the masses -- and one of Kolb's teammates is tired of it.
Offensive lineman Adam Snyder, who started 14 games at right guard and center in 2012, took to Twitter late Thursday to vent his frustration on the matter.
Kevin is a hell of a leader and a great football player. It's our job to let him show his potential. We will be better. All of us.— Adam Snyder (@ASnyds68) March 1, 2013
I know I'm sick of hearing about it. He has everything you want in a QB. I've seen it first hand.— Adam Snyder (@ASnyds68) March 1, 2013
Kolb has been the subject of much speculation because of his hefty contract and his inability to stay healthy. ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported earlier this month that the Cardinals will try to re-work Kolb's deal, but if that can't be done, the two sides will "move on".
Earlier this offseason, team president Michael Bidwill spoke publicly about Kolb's contract and the need to restructure it.
"Kevin's contract is probably something we're going to need to address," he said. "It's a big number and given the productivity and the questions about durability and everything, that's something that I think the reality is we need to sit down and discuss."
Before his injury, Kolb completed 109-of-183 passes for 1,169 yards and despite playing in only six games, still led the Cardinals with eight touchdown passes.
Kolb is due a $2 million roster bonus on March 15.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.