Updated Feb 27, 2013 - 10:45 am
Report: Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs a done deal
49ers have completed a trade with the Chiefs for Alex Smith, tho can't be official til March 12. Chiefs really made a commitment to Smith— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) February 27, 2013
So that's that.
ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter is reporting the Chiefs are sending a second-round pick and a conditional mid-round pick to San Francisco for the 28-year-old who was playing well before losing the starting job to backup Colin Kaepernick.
Smith completed 70.2 percent of his passes for 1,737 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2012. He was picked off five times and and had a QB rating of 104.1.
The Cardinals still have Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer under contract, though new head coach Bruce Arians has yet to commit to any of them as his quarterback.
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest paid CB
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.