Updated Feb 27, 2013 - 10:45 am
Report: Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs a done deal
49ers have completed a trade with the Chiefs for Alex Smith, tho can't be official til March 12. Chiefs really made a commitment to Smith— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) February 27, 2013
So that's that.
ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter is reporting the Chiefs are sending a second-round pick and a conditional mid-round pick to San Francisco for the 28-year-old who was playing well before losing the starting job to backup Colin Kaepernick.
Smith completed 70.2 percent of his passes for 1,737 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2012. He was picked off five times and and had a QB rating of 104.1.
The Cardinals still have Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer under contract, though new head coach Bruce Arians has yet to commit to any of them as his quarterback.
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.
- Paulie Pigskin Report - Sunday December 1Paul Calvisi catches up with AZ Cardinals LB Jasper Brinkley.