Updated Feb 27, 2013 - 10:45 am
Report: Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs a done deal
49ers have completed a trade with the Chiefs for Alex Smith, tho can't be official til March 12. Chiefs really made a commitment to Smith— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) February 27, 2013
So that's that.
ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter is reporting the Chiefs are sending a second-round pick and a conditional mid-round pick to San Francisco for the 28-year-old who was playing well before losing the starting job to backup Colin Kaepernick.
Smith completed 70.2 percent of his passes for 1,737 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2012. He was picked off five times and and had a QB rating of 104.1.
The Cardinals still have Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer under contract, though new head coach Bruce Arians has yet to commit to any of them as his quarterback.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.