Updated Feb 27, 2013 - 10:45 am
Report: Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs a done deal
49ers have completed a trade with the Chiefs for Alex Smith, tho can't be official til March 12. Chiefs really made a commitment to Smith— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) February 27, 2013
So that's that.
ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter is reporting the Chiefs are sending a second-round pick and a conditional mid-round pick to San Francisco for the 28-year-old who was playing well before losing the starting job to backup Colin Kaepernick.
Smith completed 70.2 percent of his passes for 1,737 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2012. He was picked off five times and and had a QB rating of 104.1.
The Cardinals still have Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer under contract, though new head coach Bruce Arians has yet to commit to any of them as his quarterback.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.