Updated Feb 27, 2013 - 9:25 am
Report: Cardinals offer for Alex Smith 'weak'
But that doesn't stop trade speculation from happening.
Tuesday, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reported that the Cardinals, who are seeking help at quarterback, would express interest in 49ers signal caller Alex Smith.
Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports has taken that report one step further Wednesday morning, via Twitter.
The Alex Smith trade is not with Arizona, to be clear again. The Cards offer was weak. 49ers told people its not AZ. KC remains likely team— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) February 27, 2013
No details have surfaced about the Cardinals "weak" offer, but trades between division foes are incredibly rare in the National Football League.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!