Updated Feb 27, 2013 - 9:25 am
Report: Cardinals offer for Alex Smith 'weak'
But that doesn't stop trade speculation from happening.
Tuesday, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reported that the Cardinals, who are seeking help at quarterback, would express interest in 49ers signal caller Alex Smith.
Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports has taken that report one step further Wednesday morning, via Twitter.
The Alex Smith trade is not with Arizona, to be clear again. The Cards offer was weak. 49ers told people its not AZ. KC remains likely team— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) February 27, 2013
No details have surfaced about the Cardinals "weak" offer, but trades between division foes are incredibly rare in the National Football League.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?