Report: Cardinals to express interest in Alex Smith
That's apparently what they want to find out.
According to NFL.com insider Ian Rapoport, the team "will express interest in a possible trade" for San Francisco 49ers QB Alex Smith. However, as Rapoport notes, the Cardinals are "VERY pessimistic" that the 49ers will trade with a division rival.
They have good reason to be, as out of the 25 trades made in 2012, not one was between division rivals.
Smith, who was supplanted by Colin Kaepernick during the 2012 season, has been a rumored trade candidate ever since. A 28-year-old who really came into his own the last two seasons, Smith completed better than 70 percent of his passes for 1,737 yards and 13 touchdowns last season while being intercepted just five times. He had a QB rating of 104.1.
His best game was against the Cardinals in Glendale, when he completed 18-of-19 passes for 232 yards and three touchdowns in a 24-3 Monday night win.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.