Updated Feb 21, 2013 - 11:49 am
Patrick Peterson on offense? Cardinals coach won't rule it out
As a rookie, he did so as a punt returner. As a sophomore, it was due to his coverage skills.
Needless to say, he's one of the game's more dynamic players.
As such, new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians will no doubt be tempted to give Peterson more snaps when the team is on offense.
"I wouldn't say it's out of the question," Arians said from the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. "We have a group of receivers that are pretty dang gone good, and I'm not sure which one of them I want to sit on the bench; they're not going to be real happy."
"The more he can touch the ball; that's why he's going to be the punt returner," he said. "We'll look at that, but if we want to have some fun with it. I've got to see him throw, too. He might be able to get some reverses in if he can throw."
Peterson lining up on offense would not be a completely new site, as he lined up as he has lined up at receiver and running back at times. He's caught four passes for 10 yards in his career and tallied 13 yards on three carries.
He has yet to throw a pass, though ESPN says he had a TQBR of 82.7 last season.
Incidentally, that rating was tops on the team.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.