Updated Feb 21, 2013 - 11:49 am
Patrick Peterson on offense? Cardinals coach won't rule it out
As a rookie, he did so as a punt returner. As a sophomore, it was due to his coverage skills.
Needless to say, he's one of the game's more dynamic players.
As such, new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians will no doubt be tempted to give Peterson more snaps when the team is on offense.
"I wouldn't say it's out of the question," Arians said from the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. "We have a group of receivers that are pretty dang gone good, and I'm not sure which one of them I want to sit on the bench; they're not going to be real happy."
"The more he can touch the ball; that's why he's going to be the punt returner," he said. "We'll look at that, but if we want to have some fun with it. I've got to see him throw, too. He might be able to get some reverses in if he can throw."
Peterson lining up on offense would not be a completely new site, as he lined up as he has lined up at receiver and running back at times. He's caught four passes for 10 yards in his career and tallied 13 yards on three carries.
He has yet to throw a pass, though ESPN says he had a TQBR of 82.7 last season.
Incidentally, that rating was tops on the team.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!