Updated Feb 21, 2013 - 11:49 am
Patrick Peterson on offense? Cardinals coach won't rule it out
As a rookie, he did so as a punt returner. As a sophomore, it was due to his coverage skills.
Needless to say, he's one of the game's more dynamic players.
As such, new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians will no doubt be tempted to give Peterson more snaps when the team is on offense.
"I wouldn't say it's out of the question," Arians said from the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. "We have a group of receivers that are pretty dang gone good, and I'm not sure which one of them I want to sit on the bench; they're not going to be real happy."
"The more he can touch the ball; that's why he's going to be the punt returner," he said. "We'll look at that, but if we want to have some fun with it. I've got to see him throw, too. He might be able to get some reverses in if he can throw."
Peterson lining up on offense would not be a completely new site, as he lined up as he has lined up at receiver and running back at times. He's caught four passes for 10 yards in his career and tallied 13 yards on three carries.
He has yet to throw a pass, though ESPN says he had a TQBR of 82.7 last season.
Incidentally, that rating was tops on the team.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.