Updated Feb 21, 2013 - 11:49 am
Patrick Peterson on offense? Cardinals coach won't rule it out
As a rookie, he did so as a punt returner. As a sophomore, it was due to his coverage skills.
Needless to say, he's one of the game's more dynamic players.
As such, new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians will no doubt be tempted to give Peterson more snaps when the team is on offense.
"I wouldn't say it's out of the question," Arians said from the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. "We have a group of receivers that are pretty dang gone good, and I'm not sure which one of them I want to sit on the bench; they're not going to be real happy."
"The more he can touch the ball; that's why he's going to be the punt returner," he said. "We'll look at that, but if we want to have some fun with it. I've got to see him throw, too. He might be able to get some reverses in if he can throw."
Peterson lining up on offense would not be a completely new site, as he lined up as he has lined up at receiver and running back at times. He's caught four passes for 10 yards in his career and tallied 13 yards on three carries.
He has yet to throw a pass, though ESPN says he had a TQBR of 82.7 last season.
Incidentally, that rating was tops on the team.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.