Updated Feb 20, 2013 - 1:41 pm
Bill Polian: Cardinals won't find QB in free agency
The Cardinals started four different quarterbacks, gave up 58 sacks and were ranked last in the NFL in total rushing yards in 2012.
ESPN Insider and ex-NFL general manager Bill Polian pointed out obvious needs for Bruce Arians' team, but says one position may be irreparable in the open market.
Key need: QB
Quarterback is by far the most pressing need, but as with other teams on this list that lack a signal-caller, it doesn't look like it can be filled through free agency. Since that's the case, offensive line is the next area to explore on the free-agent market. The Cardinals gave up a league-high 58 sacks in 2012.
Polian's theory dismantles any speculation of the Cardinals reaching for San Francisco's Alex Smith, the Colts' Drew Stanton or even Tim Tebow, thus leaving Arizona with the NFL Draft, or what they've got in the bag.
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.