Updated Feb 16, 2013 - 9:01 am
ProFootballTalk.com: Tim Tebow is an option for Cardinals
"They want Kevin Kolb to stick around but I think they have to look elsewhere," Florio said. "I actually heard at one point, that maybe, the Arizona Cardinals would be interested in Tim Tebow, that was last year."
It may have been last year, but Florio thinks Tebow should still remain an option for Bruce Arians and Co.
"We'll see what happens this year, whether he's in the mix," said Florio. "But I'll tell you Tim Tebow is better than any of the guys they have on their roster.
"I know a lot of people out there don't like Tim Tebow as a football player, but you let him do his thing and he could be good enough, better than what the Cardinals have had in recent years at the quarterback position. The quarterback position has been awful."
True, the Cardinals got miserable play from their QBs last season, but it's tough to see Tebow as the answer. His only season in the Big Apple saw him complete 6 of 8 passes for 39 yards, and when the Jets replaced Mark Sanchez at QB they turned to 2011 seventh round pick Greg McElroy.
For his career, Tebow has completed 47.9 percent of his passes for 2,422 yards and 17 touchdowns. He's been intercepted nine times and run for 989 yards and 12 scores.
And while he was recently in Arizona working out, it's quite frankly difficult to see the Cardinals, who are actually looking to find a good quarterback, choosing Tebow.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.