Updated Feb 13, 2013 - 8:42 am
Two Cardinals land on USA Today 'All-Joe Team'
USA Today released it's 21st annual All-Joe Team, a squad made up of hard workers that weren't selected to Pro Bowl teams. And the Arizona Cardinals, despite their 5-11 record, had two representatives on this year's All-Joe Team.
Defensive end Calais Campbell, who many feel should have received a Pro Bowl nod, landed on the All-Joe Team.
Says USA Today:
He's not quite J.J. Watt, but Campbell is the rare 3-4 defensive end who can wreck a game. He's averaged seven sacks over the past four seasons, and his 6-8 frame plays havoc with passers and kickers.
The other Cardinal honored was punter Dave Zastudil, who enjoyed a fantastic season for Arizona.
Dropped 46 punts inside opponents' 20-yard line, a new NFL record. Despite the horrid field position Arizona often had, Zastudil didn't merely bomb away and instead maintained an excellent net (41.4 yards) while forcing a league-high 36 fair catches. And he did a lot of work, his 112 punts 21 more than anyone else last season.
Former Sun Devil Vontaze Burfict of the Cincinnati Bengals, who went undrafted last year but worked his way into a starting spot, also landed All-Joe honors.
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.