Updated Feb 13, 2013 - 8:42 am
Two Cardinals land on USA Today 'All-Joe Team'
USA Today released it's 21st annual All-Joe Team, a squad made up of hard workers that weren't selected to Pro Bowl teams. And the Arizona Cardinals, despite their 5-11 record, had two representatives on this year's All-Joe Team.
Defensive end Calais Campbell, who many feel should have received a Pro Bowl nod, landed on the All-Joe Team.
Says USA Today:
He's not quite J.J. Watt, but Campbell is the rare 3-4 defensive end who can wreck a game. He's averaged seven sacks over the past four seasons, and his 6-8 frame plays havoc with passers and kickers.
The other Cardinal honored was punter Dave Zastudil, who enjoyed a fantastic season for Arizona.
Dropped 46 punts inside opponents' 20-yard line, a new NFL record. Despite the horrid field position Arizona often had, Zastudil didn't merely bomb away and instead maintained an excellent net (41.4 yards) while forcing a league-high 36 fair catches. And he did a lot of work, his 112 punts 21 more than anyone else last season.
Former Sun Devil Vontaze Burfict of the Cincinnati Bengals, who went undrafted last year but worked his way into a starting spot, also landed All-Joe honors.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.