Updated Feb 11, 2013 - 6:52 pm
Flagstaff training camp up in the air for Cardinals
The cooler weather, beautiful setting and accommodations from Northern Arizona University have made it an ideal setting.
Yet, the Cardinals may be moving camp somewhere else in 2013.
"We're talking to the city of Flagstaff, NAU, the city of Glendale," Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "We're not ready to make a decision at this stage, but we're probably weeks away and when we do I'm sure you guys will be reporting it right away."
That much is true, it will be reported.
At any rate, Bidwill said it's no secret that the team has discussed the possibility with Glendale, which would point to camp being held at University of Phoenix Stadium.
But, Bidwill cautioned, there is still plenty that needs to be worked out before moving camp to Glendale would become a reality.
Until then it's only a possibility, which only came about because NAU has made some changes.
"We're in a situation where -- and the same thing up in Flagstaff, they made some adjustments," Bidwill said. "They smartly made the decision to open up their premium locker room to move us back into, because a couple of years ago they moved it out and that was a terribly bad decision."
Bidwill said that decision led the team to re-evaluate having camp in Flagstaff, and added he understands how important it is for the city's economy that the team hold camp up north.
"We recognize that; it's an important football training activity for us plus an important fan development activity for us and so we needed to have those conversations with them," he said. "So I think here in the coming weeks we should probably have a decision not too far from now."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.