Updated Feb 11, 2013 - 6:52 pm
Flagstaff training camp up in the air for Cardinals
The cooler weather, beautiful setting and accommodations from Northern Arizona University have made it an ideal setting.
Yet, the Cardinals may be moving camp somewhere else in 2013.
"We're talking to the city of Flagstaff, NAU, the city of Glendale," Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "We're not ready to make a decision at this stage, but we're probably weeks away and when we do I'm sure you guys will be reporting it right away."
That much is true, it will be reported.
At any rate, Bidwill said it's no secret that the team has discussed the possibility with Glendale, which would point to camp being held at University of Phoenix Stadium.
But, Bidwill cautioned, there is still plenty that needs to be worked out before moving camp to Glendale would become a reality.
Until then it's only a possibility, which only came about because NAU has made some changes.
"We're in a situation where -- and the same thing up in Flagstaff, they made some adjustments," Bidwill said. "They smartly made the decision to open up their premium locker room to move us back into, because a couple of years ago they moved it out and that was a terribly bad decision."
Bidwill said that decision led the team to re-evaluate having camp in Flagstaff, and added he understands how important it is for the city's economy that the team hold camp up north.
"We recognize that; it's an important football training activity for us plus an important fan development activity for us and so we needed to have those conversations with them," he said. "So I think here in the coming weeks we should probably have a decision not too far from now."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.