Updated Feb 11, 2013 - 6:52 pm
Flagstaff training camp up in the air for Cardinals
The cooler weather, beautiful setting and accommodations from Northern Arizona University have made it an ideal setting.
Yet, the Cardinals may be moving camp somewhere else in 2013.
"We're talking to the city of Flagstaff, NAU, the city of Glendale," Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "We're not ready to make a decision at this stage, but we're probably weeks away and when we do I'm sure you guys will be reporting it right away."
That much is true, it will be reported.
At any rate, Bidwill said it's no secret that the team has discussed the possibility with Glendale, which would point to camp being held at University of Phoenix Stadium.
But, Bidwill cautioned, there is still plenty that needs to be worked out before moving camp to Glendale would become a reality.
Until then it's only a possibility, which only came about because NAU has made some changes.
"We're in a situation where -- and the same thing up in Flagstaff, they made some adjustments," Bidwill said. "They smartly made the decision to open up their premium locker room to move us back into, because a couple of years ago they moved it out and that was a terribly bad decision."
Bidwill said that decision led the team to re-evaluate having camp in Flagstaff, and added he understands how important it is for the city's economy that the team hold camp up north.
"We recognize that; it's an important football training activity for us plus an important fan development activity for us and so we needed to have those conversations with them," he said. "So I think here in the coming weeks we should probably have a decision not too far from now."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- The Pulse: Most fans not very concerned with the Arizona Cardinals' preseason loss to the Cincinnati Bengals
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.