Updated Feb 11, 2013 - 6:52 pm
Flagstaff training camp up in the air for Cardinals
The cooler weather, beautiful setting and accommodations from Northern Arizona University have made it an ideal setting.
Yet, the Cardinals may be moving camp somewhere else in 2013.
"We're talking to the city of Flagstaff, NAU, the city of Glendale," Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "We're not ready to make a decision at this stage, but we're probably weeks away and when we do I'm sure you guys will be reporting it right away."
That much is true, it will be reported.
At any rate, Bidwill said it's no secret that the team has discussed the possibility with Glendale, which would point to camp being held at University of Phoenix Stadium.
But, Bidwill cautioned, there is still plenty that needs to be worked out before moving camp to Glendale would become a reality.
Until then it's only a possibility, which only came about because NAU has made some changes.
"We're in a situation where -- and the same thing up in Flagstaff, they made some adjustments," Bidwill said. "They smartly made the decision to open up their premium locker room to move us back into, because a couple of years ago they moved it out and that was a terribly bad decision."
Bidwill said that decision led the team to re-evaluate having camp in Flagstaff, and added he understands how important it is for the city's economy that the team hold camp up north.
"We recognize that; it's an important football training activity for us plus an important fan development activity for us and so we needed to have those conversations with them," he said. "So I think here in the coming weeks we should probably have a decision not too far from now."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.