Updated Feb 11, 2013 - 6:50 pm
Cardinals president Bidwill: Kevin Kolb's 'contract is probably something we're going to need to address'
Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer all got a shot last season, with none of them staking claim to the job.
And while Skelton, Lindley and Hoyer would all come back on low-money contracts, Kolb is set to make some good money next season.
Good money, as in $11 million for his services in 2013.
So, given his lack of production over the last two seasons, will something have to change for Kolb to return to Arizona?
As team president Michael Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf as part of "Newsmakers Week", that would likely be the case.
"Kevin's contract is probably something we're going to need to address," he said. "It's a big number and given the productivity and the questions about durability and everything, that's something that I think the reality is we need to sit down and discuss."
Now, assuming the contract is re-worked and Kolb returns, the question becomes whether or not he does so as the team's starter.
That decision, Bidwill said, belongs to the coaching staff.
"They're all going to take a look at the quarterbacks that we have and really look at the tape," he said. "I know they've been looking at that, they've got a meeting [Tuesday] to talk about all the free agents, the people and everything along those lines.
"But I think it's really, let's take a look at the guys that are on our roster first."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.