Cardinals president Bidwill: Kevin Kolb's 'contract is probably something we're going to need to address'
Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer all got a shot last season, with none of them staking claim to the job.
And while Skelton, Lindley and Hoyer would all come back on low-money contracts, Kolb is set to make some good money next season.
Good money, as in $11 million for his services in 2013.
So, given his lack of production over the last two seasons, will something have to change for Kolb to return to Arizona?
As team president Michael Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf as part of "Newsmakers Week", that would likely be the case.
"Kevin's contract is probably something we're going to need to address," he said. "It's a big number and given the productivity and the questions about durability and everything, that's something that I think the reality is we need to sit down and discuss."
Now, assuming the contract is re-worked and Kolb returns, the question becomes whether or not he does so as the team's starter.
That decision, Bidwill said, belongs to the coaching staff.
"They're all going to take a look at the quarterbacks that we have and really look at the tape," he said. "I know they've been looking at that, they've got a meeting [Tuesday] to talk about all the free agents, the people and everything along those lines.
"But I think it's really, let's take a look at the guys that are on our roster first."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.