Updated Feb 11, 2013 - 6:50 pm
Michael Bidwill has been nothing but impressed with Bruce Arians
And in that time he's done nothing but impress team president Michael Bidwill.
"That experience counts," Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf when asked what stands out most. "He is unbelievably passionate."
Bidwill was joining the show as part of "Newsmakers Week", and from the sound of it, has zero regrets about the man he chose to replace Ken Whisenhunt.
The Cardinals have gone 18-30 over the last three seasons, and Bidwill said the losing has been the most painful part of the team's recent history.
"It's incredibly frustrating," he said. "We had high expectations. We made a lot of changes. We invested in a lot of effort and trades and things along those lines, and to see that not pay off was really frustrating."
Bidwill said he knows the team's fans were frustrated too, but that his goal is to make sure the team gets back on track. That, to him, means being "a good football team," adding the coaching change doesn't do anything to change the expectations he has of his team going forward.
Provided the team can get past its biggest challenge, which Bidwill said is finding someone to lead the offense.
"In terms of quarterbacking and how's that going to come together," he said. "And then re-establishing this offense as one of the best in the league."
Bidwill believes Arians and his staff will be able to do that, noting that while the NFC West is one of the tougher divisions in football, "that's not going to stop us."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.